A magical winter wedding full of snowflakes and twinkly lights is desired by any bride getting married in the colder months.
But just like a wedding in any season, you never know what weather you will get. Will it rain or snow? And how are we going to get beautiful images of our day if we are freezing? If you’re a winter Bride like Abby, you might prepare for the worst but get all the sunshine.
What most of our couples tell us before their wedding day is that they want their images to look and feel as natural and effortless as elegant despite the circumstance.
To create those beautiful images that show everyone how magical it was there a few things you can do to prepare.
5 Winter Wedding Tips
- Book beautiful spaces. All you need for beautiful portraits inside is some access to window light and a photographer who knows how to use the light. You wont want to take all your wedding portraits outdoors and ensuring you have beautiful spaces clear of clutter is key.
- Treat your wedding party to warm drinks. Either plan a hot beverage station just inside wherever you are taking portraits or create a portable hot beverage bar in your transportation. A few favorite warm drinks we have seen being served that guests rave over: Hot Toddy, Mulled Wine, Mexican Hot Cocoa and hot tea and coffee for some non alcoholic options.
- Consider your outwear fashion. Your gown will have its moment yet including a chic additional layer will offer more warmth that you will appreciate and confident in. Gift your bridesmaids something that will keep them warm, stylish, and unified.
- Do a First Look. Winter months make for shorter days creating limited time for photos. If you have a later ceremony the sun will set and your only options are needing to use artificial lighting for both yours, family’s, and group wedding party portraits. Save yourself the stress and create space for an extraordinary and intimate first look with just you two earlier in the day.
- When planning for your outdoor portraits (because like Abby you might get that lovely sunshine, or if you are lucky snowflakes) stick to 1 or 2 beautiful locations and you will get images you desire without suffering from leaving and entering the chill again and again.
You can be sure that we will be bringing hand warmers, extra coats, and a comforting smile to ensure you that everything is going to be wonderful. By the end of the day you will be dancing the night away with all your family and friends and we will have a camera full of stunning images to remember your day.
The team that made this day so wonderful!
venue | Magnolia Events
beauty | Hello Lovely
bridesmaids | Bella Bridesmaids
dessert | KCCookie |
entertainment | DJ Max James
floral design | Whitebird Events
gown | Bridal Extraordinaire
menswear | Friar Tux
transportation | KC Night Train
videography | West Rose Photo + Film
accomodations | Ambassador Hotel
Can’t get enough of Weddings like like this? Check out some galleries!